Why Glass Table Tops?
Glass Table Tops
– Protect your furniture from nicks, scratches, and other possible damage.
– Refresh older pieces with a less permanent option, as compared to stains or paint.
– Glass is beautiful; a glass top is an excellent way to add shine to an otherwise dull item.
– Elevate the impact of wood tables or dressers while protecting these investments from scratches, glass rings, sun damage and scuffs.
– Order a tabletop to complete a table, nightstand or even a plant stand.
– Renew old glass table inserts with a glass table replacement; outdoor tables are especially vulnerable to damage and weathering.
Glass tabletops are used in a number of different ways, but the most popular is to use the glass to protect the surface of a table, desk, or a coffee table. When used as a cover on a wood surface, normally a thinner glass such as 1/4″ is used. The edges of the glass would normally be polished to smooth them out and avoid the possibility of injury from the sharp edges. When glass is used as a wood surface cover there is no need for tempering the glass.